Author Topic: C11 on ebay  (Read 729 times)

Offline AdminPete

• Administrator
C11 on ebay
« on: November 29, 2008, 01:26:27 PM »
There is a Military C11 on ebay No.280163076337. I have checked with the vendor. It's not one of the magic 500+ that were produced, it's faked up.Shame cos I would have loved it.Ron 

First  Previous  2-12 of 12  Next  Last  Delete Replies   

Recommend  Delete    Message 2 of 12 in Discussion   

Yes I saw that one Ron, and was about to let you know. Not interested in the trike "nows your chance" then?! Dont want to start any bidding wars on that one!, looks like something Florence Nightingale would have liked though.
Regards
Graham

Recommend  Delete    Message 3 of 12 in Discussion   

Get real Graham, i'm into WW2 girders. I couldn't handle a modern machine like that. Ron

Recommend  Delete    Message 4 of 12 in Discussion   

Yes, not my style either, think we should leave that one for the girls to fight over.
Not calling you a girl Richard, I know what your real opion of this non flying machine is.
Graham

Recommend  Delete    Message 5 of 12 in Discussion   

You may have been there already, but considering your interest in military machines I wondered if you have been to the Tank Museum at Bovington, Dorset, as I am told there are several bike examples in there now, and its well worth going anyway for everything else. Funny thing is its just 20 miles away and I haven't been for years (it was good then, and am told is better now). Even dafter, considering I have just spent the last 9 months in my "proper job" at Bovington and Lulworth army camps installing security systems (cctv and the like), and drove by every day. Just to damn busy.....roll on retirement I say.
Graham

Recommend  Delete    Message 6 of 12 in Discussion   

I'm daft Ron, just looked at your profile and see you are in Poole (where I was made), and not far from me in Christchurch, so you are bound to know about or been already.....I'll go and take a pill or something!
Graham

Recommend  Delete    Message 7 of 12 in Discussion   

I am a friend of the tank museum graham. Don't go looking for bikes there, the only one on display is a Brough which is part of the Lawrence of Arabia display. The museum is under a rebuild program at the moment due to the lottery grant they obtained. Sammy is on our door step, but don't get me started on his military motorcycles. Ron

Recommend  Delete    Message 8 of 12 in Discussion   

Don't get me wrong, I like Sammy's museum and the great coffee shop,perhaps we could meet there one Sunday. Ron

Recommend  Delete    Message 9 of 12 in Discussion   

You can count me in on that Ron. I'll make it a C11 moment. Weather and Mrs permitting of coarse. Pete

Recommend  Delete    Message 10 of 12 in Discussion   

Do what I do Pete, give her a fiver drop her at Stuarts Garden centre, tell her not to spend it all and you'll pick her up in 3 hours. Ron

Recommend  Delete    Message 11 of 12 in Discussion   

That'll be great, just say a day and I'll be there. Its that close to me that old girl will hardly have time to warm up, mind you, at least I will be able to push her home if anything else falls off. Graham

Recommend  Delete    Message 12 of 12 in Discussion   

Thanks for alerting me to the e-bay site.  Detail; pictures like this are very hard to get. It may not be 100% original ? but show detail that is hard to find. A close up of how the speedo is mounted is one of the problems I have been having. I think these pictures have given me more problems. Still what is a problem for if it is not for solving.. Thanks once again from Christchurch  NZ .  John K.