$context['previous_next'] = $modSettings['enablePreviousNext'] ? '' . $txt['previous_next_back'] . ' ' . $txt['previous_next_forward'] . '' : ''; C11 Front/rear wheel bearings

Author Topic: C11 Front/rear wheel bearings  (Read 912 times)

Offline AdminPete

• Administrator
C11 Front/rear wheel bearings
« on: November 24, 2008, 05:12:39 PM »
The front wheels on my 1950 and 1953 C11s have the loose ball bearings (which, of course, have gone missing) and I'd like to change them to sealed bearings?  Can someone give me some Timken or other aftermarket bearing numbers for such a change?

Also does someone have the numbers for aftermarket (Timken?) bearings for the two sealed bearings in the rear wheel of a '53 C11?

Thanks
Jack

First  Previous  2-10 of 10  Next  Last  Delete Replies   

Recommend  Delete    Message 2 of 10 in Discussion   

My '48 C11 has 20" wheels with cup and cone bearings. The first time I replaced the front ones, I took up the play, as you do, but then they seized after a short while. I could get any more new ones, but I did find some Norton ones at an auto jumble that were almost the same. This time I left a bit of play, and they have served me 10 years+ so far. Every time I take it for an MOT they pick me up on the play in the front wheel, so I tell them there has to be play with cup and cone bearings. They always except that, so either I'm right, or they haven't got a clue either!
Pete

Recommend  Delete    Message 3 of 10 in Discussion   

I do have a part number for tapered roller bearing that will fit the front wheel for the later C10,C11, and early C10L,C11G.

the part number  for the bearings are 119590 - 119520.

the shaft will have to be linishd a little as the bearings fit on the threaded ends ok but too tight for the normal dia, also the radiused end of the cones needs to be cut off if you want to use them for adjustment.

A good place to get them and other bits is from is Revolution Seals and bearings at
Unit J,
Houndswood Gate,
Harper Lane,
Radlett,
Herts.
WD7 7HU
UK
Tel +44 (0)1923 858385.
www.rsb.uk.com/motorcycles

Recommend  Delete    Message 4 of 10 in Discussion   

C10Stiles,
    Do you know the brand name for those bearing part numbers?  Perhaps I can find them in the USA.
   Thanks
Jack

Recommend  Delete    Message 5 of 10 in Discussion   

Dear Slick,

i believe they are a standard bearing number.

i have just ordered a set my self, when i get them i will let you know.

Best regards

Owen

Quoting Slickowner <jholgate@bellsouth.net>:

> We attempted to deliver this message to you with HTML formatting. However,
> your e-mail program does not support HTML-enhanced messages. Please go to
> your E-mail Settings for this group and change your E-mail Preference to
> "Text only".
> http://groups.msn.com/BSAC10C11C12/_emailsettings.msnw
>
> MSN Groups
>
>

Recommend  Delete    Message 6 of 10 in Discussion   

The tapered roller bearings i have just got for my 1953 C10/11  are from A&S Fersa (Spain) part number 11590-119520

Recommend  Delete    Message 7 of 10 in Discussion   

Thanks for the information.  I'll see if I can find the bearings in the U.S.
Jack

Recommend  Delete    Message 8 of 10 in Discussion   

C10Stiles:
I've been unable to find the A&S Fersa bearings (119590 & 119520) in the USA and Revolution Seals and Bearings say they don't recognize those part numbers.  Is that they way you ordered them?
Jack

Recommend  Delete    Message 9 of 10 in Discussion   

Sorry
Had a bad day typing the correct numbers for the tapered roller bearings are 11590 and 11520

Recommend  Delete    Message 10 of 10 in Discussion   

Thanks for double checking for me on the numbers.  I'll try them again.
Jack

shifter

Re: C11 Front/rear wheel bearings
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 04:46:39 PM »
I have just fitted sealed rear wheel bearings to my c12 what a to do getting bearings a firm on e bay was selling them so I ordered only to find that they were miles away fitment wise tried a few places to no avail so along to the local bearing services with the old ones in hand and the chap said yes I can match them no problem.
Two shakes later pops them on the desk so payment was made  and off home fitted them champion job not cheap but champion
one big and one small bearing

shifter

Re: C11 Front/rear wheel bearings
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 08:56:20 PM »
I have just fitted sealed rear wheel bearings to my c12 what a to do getting bearings a firm on e bay was selling them so I ordered only to find that they were miles away fitment wise tried a few places to no avail so along to the local bearing services with the old ones in hand and the chap said yes I can match them no problem.
Two shakes later pops them on the desk so payment was made  and off home fitted them champion job not cheap but champion
one big and one small bearing
Looks like I have made a bit of a boob as it is looking like my c12 has got a c11 plunger rear hub on the rebuilt wheel by the configuration of the bearings 1 large and 1 small and its looking like the c12 hub takes two the same size so if that's the case I apologise to the e bay seller