Author Topic: C10/C11 valve timing  (Read 1058 times)

Offline AdminPete

• Administrator
C10/C11 valve timing
« on: November 24, 2008, 05:50:44 PM »
Hi group,can anybody help me with valve timing specs for C10 verses C11
Cheers
Ric

First  Previous  2-5 of 5  Next  Last  Delete Replies   

Recommend  Delete    Message 2 of 5 in Discussion   

Valve settings C11

Inlet opens 25 ° before upper death point
inlet closes 70° after lower death point
exhaust opens 70° before lower death point
exhaust closes 25° after upper death point

cheers,
Filip

mate
  on the c11s and c10s...  gotta watch...the cams look identical but...
  they are sorta opposite...as the c11 has the pushrods going to the opposite valves as compared to c10...  i  had about 6 cams...for my c11...all except 1 were c10...took a lot of staring befor i a noticed ONE was different...the10s fit in ...look right...but she no go...

Thanks yes I know the cams are different but I still need to know the valve timing as I am going to graft a different top end onto a C10/C11 bottom end fitted with a B40 crank and I need a C10 cam with Cll followers to make this work
Ric

Hi I'm interested in tuning the the C range Ive looked at the timing chart and it dosn't seam to differ for ether model.
From your message it seams you are going to reduce the stroke to 70mm is this correct and if so is this to help it rev ?
One of the tricks I've herd about and intend to use on my trials special is to bore and use a hillman imp I have an over size which is about 69mm with a standard stroke this will give aprox 290cc lightened fly wheels to help it pickup quicker.
If anybody knows of anymore tuning tips I'd be glad to know.

Offline mobike

Re: C10/C11 valve timing
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 08:09:48 PM »
Hi ,i read your post and was interested in the idea of lightening the flywheels as you mention.I did post on here about the possibility of using an Ariel colt bottom end but didnt really get the answer i was hoping for,so i would be interested in what route you take regarding lightening.regards dave
Two wheels but not enough bikes!Maybe that should read too many bike bits but only two wheels!

Online hampshirebiker

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 09:39:42 PM »
If you want to go faster, buy a Boneville.
Postal - Liphook Hants - But just into West Sussex.

Offline timsdad

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 12:18:41 PM »
A Bonneville may go faster - but not further!

Ray
Just a motorcyclist.

Offline mobike

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 03:17:40 PM »
Already got a japanese version of a Bonneville, Kawasaki W650. : )
I was always anti jap,but have to admit they do copy exceedingly well,just lack that historic factor.
Thats why i got back into old bikes,gets boring always knowing your going to get there ; )
I can thrash it and save my BSA for old time fun,best of both !
My "special" project is just a personal version of a bike my father tuned and raced at Brands in the early fifties.
Triumph Tiger 90 s (like his 1937/8) go for about £8000 + so not a realistic option,plus i wouldnt want to ruin a restored complete machine!
Mine is being built from a c10  girder frame and other parts etc sourced for the project,no complete  machines will be harmed in the making of this bike !!
It will be built using as little original tin etc to keep it light,
Who knows,i might even decide to collect all the parts and put it back to standard trim one day !
Its fun,but not as some know it ....
Two wheels but not enough bikes!Maybe that should read too many bike bits but only two wheels!