BSA C10 C11 C12

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the BSA C10 C11 C12 Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Losing faith in my fellow man  (Read 187 times)

MilitaryRon

• Silver Member
  • Branksome, in Poole, Dorset UK
Losing faith in my fellow man
« on: October 14, 2013, 05:51:15 PM »

To start with!:- My next door neighbour and her husband take Special needs and disabled people on supported holidays.  On two occasions whilst they were away they have been burgled. On the first occasion their house was completely trashed. Christchurch Graham can confirm as he has now fitted them with an up to date alarm and security lighting system. Never the less, while they are away, I have taken to parking my Renault Trafik van in their front garden to make it look like someone is home.. Now some bright spark has pinched my valve caps!! These were those chrome hex type that the previous owner of my van had seen fit to use, which you can buy off ebay for 3-4 quid a set. So someone has crept around in the dead of night for the pleasure of owning a second hand set of these caps........Beggers belief!!

Anyway I decided to wash my van today. The wheels are the bullshit ally type. Again fitted by the previous (Lithuanian) owner. I happen to have a 5 litre bottle of special ally wheel cleaner fluid that was given to me by a friend who moved to a much smaller house, and more importantly.....smaller shed. So for the first time, I thought I'd give it a go.

How stupid do the manufacturers of this stuff think we are? Any cheap washing up liquid or shower gell/shampoo would have had just as much ill effect as this special stuff.

Sorry guys I just needed to get this off my chest and I'm now on the lookout for someone to punch!!

Ron the disgruntled

camman3

• Silver Member
  • Christchurch, Dorset, UK
Re: Losing faith in my fellow man
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 06:23:34 PM »

Annoying little bleeders aren't they >:(
I suggest  you connect four tubes to the valves and if we catch him , stick all four tubes up his arse and simultaneously deflate the tires.....and then amputate his right hand :-\
Graham
1957 C12
In sunny (sometimes) Christchurch, Dorset, UK

seetwelve

• Grimsby, Lincolnshire. 1948 C11
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 10:20:01 AM »

Be careful with the alloy wheel cleaning fluid Ron.  The more active stuff contains Hydrofluoric Acid that can seriously damage your health.  High concentrations of HF is used by a lot of small companies in the alloy wheel refinishing trade.  My son uses a small company to strip and anodise fork legs etc.  When he called a few weeks ago they were `a man down'.  By all accounts the chap had accidentally dropped an alloy wheel into the acid and the splash caused serious burns to his hands and face and  they were fighting to save his eyesight.  Thankfully he has recovered and is okay but learned a hard lesson.

Em

MilitaryRon

• Silver Member
  • Branksome, in Poole, Dorset UK
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 12:16:34 PM »

Thanks Em. For all the good this dangerous stuff did, I might as well use Tescos shower gel. I'm sure that is ok to get on your skin ;D Ron

Tman

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 12:21:37 PM »

It probably is, though don't tell anyone from the Green Party, as they'll tell you fifteen dolphins and a humming bird were killed by you using it... :-\

richie1958

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 01:42:30 PM »

One of my work mates was burgled last night. He isn't living in the house at the moment, because he has recently bought the place and is doing major renovation work to it prior to moving in. Not just central heating, plumbing and wiring, but new floors and ceilings etc.
The tow rags went over the site very thoroughly, breaking into all his sheds, out buildings and his Landrover, but nicked nothing. There were brass valves from his steam engine in the back of the Landy, but they never touched them.
Hopefully the reason for breaking in but not taking anything is simply that they were after wide screen TV, X box, DVD player, etc, none of which were present.
Of course there is a more sinister posibility...
Anyway, he's decided to move in today regardless of the renovation work.
                                                                                                   Richie

Pages: [1]   Go Up