$context['previous_next'] = $modSettings['enablePreviousNext'] ? '' . $txt['previous_next_back'] . ' ' . $txt['previous_next_forward'] . '' : ''; Tanks.

Author Topic: Tanks.  (Read 949 times)

Online hampshirebiker

• Silver Member
Tanks.
« on: April 07, 2014, 05:40:30 PM »
With all the concern about the variable quality of Indian products, another site speaks favourably of this gent. His ebay handle is "pummy.8081". Don't ask me how you would find him. Hope it's of some use.
Postal - Liphook Hants - But just into West Sussex.

Online chaterlea25

• Silver Member
  • nr Cork Rep of Ireland
Re: Tanks.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 08:11:56 PM »
Hi All,
HTH
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BSA-GOLD-STAR-CHROME-PETROL-TANK-/260626444543?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cae8bf0ff

Appears to have very good feedback  ????

I have an "Indian" Gold star tank that I bought from an ebay seller
It looks ok but I havnt tried it on the frame yet  ::) ::)

John

Offline camman3

• Gold Member
  • The more I know, the less I understand......in UK
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 10:41:16 PM »
Hi John,
Hope you don't mind, this is the same link but on ebay uk so you see prices in sterling.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BSA-GOLD-STAR-CHROME-PETROL-TANK-/260626444543?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cae8bf0ff
I have bought a couple of items from this seller and they have been good, and fast delivery, considering the distance.
Most noticeable being sprockets and chain set for Bullet, which have been much better than the ones made out of cheese that came with bike :(.....well, they have done 3k miles and all the teeth are still there :-X
They even threw in new cush rubbers which I wasn't expecting :)
You are the first person I have heard that has bought a tank from them....no leaks?
Graham
1957 C12
In sunny (sometimes) Christchurch, Dorset, UK

Online chaterlea25

• Silver Member
  • nr Cork Rep of Ireland
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 12:05:47 AM »
HI Graham,
No, not from them
or at least I dont know if it originated from them??
I bought it from a UK private seller, It looks good but as I said I havn't tried it yet
Must do soon or I'll be looking for a tank at Stafford

Regards
John

Offline 48John

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 06:57:18 PM »
Hi All
Just add my 10p's worth. I bought a chrome and black A7/A10 tank from Pummy last year, took about 2-3 weeks to arrive. I had lined my original tank twice over the last 10 years and thought I'm not going through all this again when it started to separate again. No problem at all. All fitted first time and didn't need the dreaded ethanol proof liner. As a bonus I sold the old tank, fully described, on ebay for£100 to offset the cost of the Indian one!
John

Online Cosmikdebriis

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 08:08:22 AM »
First a query... Did anyone who bought a tank from India get clobbered with import duty etc?

Second a bit of advice. It may be worth searching for your item on different eBay sites (such as US eBay) as the price can vary but makes no difference to shipping.
A bike on the road... Is worth two in the shed...

Offline Karol

• 1957 C12
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 03:38:02 PM »
Hi Guys
Just taken delivery of a chrome tank from:

http://royalenfieldking.com/bsa-c10-c11-c12-c11g-250cc-plunger-model-gas-fuel-petrol-tank-chromed?search=C12%20tank

It arrived promptly and I was sent tracking info as it traveled from India.

The tank is very Good quality,was packaged well and even came with a pattern part three way fuel tap & fibre washers.
Only had a small amount of feeling to fit it ( had to open up the front lug holes and ran a tap on the knee grip rubber threads.

All in all very happy and am now looking to sell on the replaced tank
( nothing wrong with the old tank,no leaks and it has the old style pull out tap, but it needs
A re-spray.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:44:36 PM by Karol »
1957 C12
As one door closes .... KICK 👞another open !!! 🏍💨

Online chaterlea25

• Silver Member
  • nr Cork Rep of Ireland
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 08:08:43 PM »
Hi All,
There's a fairly decent early speedo in tank item on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BSA-C11-Petrol-Tank-Original-/302083163555?hash=item46558f45a3:g:k8IAAOSwLF1X4~Ar

nowt to do with me and all that
John