Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Technical Section / Regulator/Rectifier Experiment
« Last post by Goldfinger on Today at 12:00:17 AM »
Hi All,
I currently just have a rectifier on my C12 and checked my charge voltage - it was reaching 11volts at high rpm.
I noticed the elevated cost of the recommended regulator/rectifier so, after some investigation, I decided to risk my lead acid battery on this -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122862052013
It's gonna take a while to arrive but will update you all on the results eventually.
Regards
GF

Technical Section / Re: three speed kick start stop
« Last post by johnintexas on August 10, 2022, 07:59:59 PM »
I went back and looked again at the parts listing for the gearbox.  Looks like all the parts for the shifter are messed up. The DPO welded the shifter assembly together less the springs  and actuator.
I will put my request into the parts wanted and see what pops up.

John in Texas
Technical Section / Re: three speed kick start stop
« Last post by johnintexas on August 10, 2022, 07:18:25 PM »
Well, the kickstart problem has been resolved, thanks to everyone with the knowledge that I don't have.

Now my next issue. The shifter spring, It doesn't have one.  I have one on order but how does it go in? 
Again, thanks for your help.
John in Texas
Technical Section / Re: Tick over speed changes
« Last post by Goldfinger on August 10, 2022, 03:47:21 PM »
Thanks for the advice Owen and Graham
Best regards
GF
Technical Section / Re: Rectifier
« Last post by Pete on August 10, 2022, 08:59:14 AM »

If you read the "converting to 12 volts" pdf file I attached, it explains the several advantages of converting to 12 volts.

Graham

Or read it here https://bsac10c11c12.co.uk/smf/6v-to-12v-conversion/6v-to-12-v-conversion/

Pete
« Last post by Ginge on August 10, 2022, 07:24:22 AM »
Hi BeenyBoy,

I used one of those square rectifiers on a Triumph for a while. They are ok for a quick fix on an alternator bike but you really need some voltage regulation or you will overcharge your battery and fry it. Batteries are expensive.

You could dump excess current to a zener diode or run headlights all the time I suppose. You’d have to use a meter to work out how much you are generating as opposed to how much you need.

The spade terminal that is set at a different angle is DC positive output I think. The terminal diagonally opposite is DC negative output.

The other two are AC inputs and, being AC, polarity is not an issue. If you have a three wire alternator you can join two of the three wires into a single wire and use it as a two wire.

« Last post by Owen on August 09, 2022, 08:28:17 PM »
Most of the reasons for converting to 12v are for the alternator bikes which fitting a decent regulator/rectifiers cures most issues. However there is not much point on the dynamo bikes with a decent regulator e.g. DVR2 regulator and LED lights as they consume little power.
« Last post by Owen on August 09, 2022, 08:22:38 PM »
Put it on the centre stand and see what happens, but probably as Graham has said.
« Last post by camman3 on August 09, 2022, 08:04:59 PM »
If bike is on side stand the fuel level in float bowl can alter and cause that....or could it be throttle cable run is a bit tight, and with bars fully right or left, is pulling cable.?
Vapour lock usually causes engine to die, and difficulty re starting.
Graham
« Last post by camman3 on August 09, 2022, 07:59:57 PM »
A DVR2 is a solid state regulator only for dynamo bike Thomas, the the c11G is fitted with alternator.
If you read the "converting to 12 volts" pdf file I attached, it explains the several advantages of converting to 12 volts.
Graham
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10