Author Topic: PLC5 switch  (Read 188 times)

Online MilitaryRon

• Gold Member
  • Branksome, in Poole, Dorset UK
PLC5 switch
« on: March 24, 2020, 05:08:22 pm »
I've been looking for a while on ebay for a genuine PLC5 switch to replace the switch on my 39 C10 which has the knob facing the wrong way. In the end I bought this one with a cream face and also bought one of those face stickers that Owen pointed out. Turned out that the seller in Cambridge recognized my name (he's another military enthusiast that I've known for years). So he phoned me to ask why I wanted it? When I told him, he said but that's a cream one from a car, to which I replied....yeh but I'm going to put a mat black sticker on it. To which he replied, well I've got another one here, black face but broken knob.....But I've also got a spare knob retrieved from a scrap switch.......I'll chuck it all in with the cream switch, no extra charge.

So far I've managed to get the face and broken knob off, rubbed down the face and resprayed it satin black. Going to see what sort of mess I make filling in the lettering in white......Then see if I can get it back together again.  Ron

Online MilitaryRon

• Gold Member
Re: PLC5 switch
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 06:35:20 am »
Bloody awkward to assemble!!! Trying to get it all lined up with a big spring pushing it apart all the time. I managed to get "some" white paint into the lettering. But it's all cleaned up and working with its new knob.  The cream one complete with black decal is now for sale, at considerably less than the £64 they cost me.  Ron

Online MilitaryRon

• Gold Member
Re: PLC5 switch
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 07:46:54 pm »
What an bummer to change these switches, but it's about as right as it should be now.  Ron