Author Topic: Rear hub distance piece - C11 (65-5832)  (Read 713 times)

Offline AdminPete

• Administrator
  • Bronze Member
Rear hub distance piece - C11 (65-5832)
« on: November 25, 2008, 06:05:10 pm »
Hi All,
Apologies for the intrusion.
I am desperate to source a rear hub distance piece for my 1946 C11 (Part # 65-5832). The parts list indicates that 2 are required, but I cannot see where the second could possibly go. If anyone can enlighten me on this I would be grateful.
If someone could supply the dimensions of the part I could get one made up. It appears to have a tapered hole, but I'm sure that this could be manufactured.
I have tried all my regular BSA parts suppliers (Draganfly etc.) to no avail. If anyone could point me to a dealer who they think may have this part I will follow up accordingly.
Cheers,
Bruce

First  Previous  2-5 of 5  Next  Last  Delete Replies   

Recommend  Delete    Message 2 of 5 in Discussion   

Hello
On the French parts list  there is one distance piece  65-5832, fitted between the cones. Another distance piece is needed for the brake plate (also 65-5832). there must be a mistake with numbering these items because the one for the brake plate is far shorter than the other.
I think that if someone have the right parts, they could easely be made with a lathe. they are just cylindrical and don't ask for special steel.
I add drawings in pictures.

Recommend  Delete    Message 3 of 5 in Discussion   

Thanks very much for your response. I look forward to seeing the picture. The bit that I'm interested in is the piece that goes between the brakeplate and the chainstay. I'm absolutely astonished that nobody stocks this basic item!
Regards,
Bruce

Recommend  Delete    Message 4 of 5 in Discussion   

Thanks for posting the pictures of the French study regarding C11 exploded diagrams.<o:p></o:p>

Would it be possible to scan these with a high resolution and e-mail them to me?<o:p></o:p>

Unfortunately when I print them off the web the resolution is not brilliant.<o:p></o:p>

I would also like to have the part descriptions that are associated with the pictures – even if they are in French.<o:p></o:p>

I have found these pictures most useful and would really like a full copy of the entire document scanned with a better resolution.<o:p></o:p>

I will bear all costs naturally!<o:p></o:p>

Recommend  Delete    Message 5 of 5 in Discussion   

Thanks for posting the pictures of the hub. I could never work out why my hub could not fit a plunger on a C11. Thats because I am trying to fit a rigid hub into it. Now I know what to look out for at swap meets.