Author Topic: Wheel Rims. 1954 C11G  (Read 255 times)

Offline Valkcrazydave

• Running In
Wheel Rims. 1954 C11G
« on: November 05, 2020, 05:28:04 pm »
Hi, I am looking for new chrome wheel rims for the above bike. My existing rims are 19" and have 40 spoke holes. When I went to Draganfly motorcycles the rims they have with the correct number (29-5776) have 36 holes. I am confused and spent ages looking on the internet for more information. Also should the rims be WM1 or WM2? Help.
Crazydave

Online ROB KEMP

Re: Wheel Rims. 1954 C11G
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 05:45:44 pm »
contact central wheels they know but dont get put off if a grumpy woman answers .
When i had mine done spoke to a really helpfull chap next time i got the female rotweiler .
I think draganfly get theirs from central wheels anyway .I do suggest getting stainless rims and spokes  not their cheap chrome rims as if you dont keep the cheap chrome ones protected it doesnt take long to get small rust stains appear .
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 05:48:52 pm by ROB KEMP »

Online Tman

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 09:11:05 pm »
I wouldn't get them from Draganfly regardless of who answers the phone at CWC.
Drags are too careless when sending stuff out or identifying minor differences in parts. Just because someone's written "BSA" on the packaging doesn't mean they'll fit your bike. ::)

Online Donald

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 09:43:37 pm »
Hi there, I have used the Devon Rim Company  for my  c11g  stainless  spokes and rims, very happy with there stuff. If you are laceing the wheels yourself get a decent  spoke spanner,

Offline rolariel

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 10:33:16 pm »
Hi, I got both rims and spokes in stainless for my 55 C11g from central wheel company. Both 40 spoke. Excellent service and very helpful. Try and speak to Richard and you will be fine. Good luck, Roland.

Online timsdad

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 06:49:14 am »
The stainless rims I've had from Central Wheels have been fine, I have their cheaper ones, which are unstamped with a brand name so look better on an old Brit bike. I always have to deburr the drilled holes with a big drill bit and then a little stone in a drill to finish them off nicely, which gripes me a bit.

I was told several years ago that these are Radielli, an old established Italian rim manufacturer which my '68 MV had fitted from new. I reckon if they were good enough for Count Agusta then they're good enough for me!

Ray
Just a motorcyclist.